Monday, August 18, 2008

You have to leave the city of your comfort...


reminiscent
Originally uploaded by jaki good
"You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. You can't get there by bus, only by hard work and risk and by not quite knowing what you're doing, but what you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover will be yourself. " -Alan Alda

I found this quote today, or I guess I should say it found me...I suppose I'm taking these words literally and figuratively.

It doesn't quite feel real yet...all this change coming my way. The hotel that I work at has two pools on the patio and it is tradition that on your last day the staff throws you in one of them. I think that will feel real. Although my plan is not to let them throw me in but instead to run and throw myself in screaming "FREEDOM" like Mel Gibson in Braveheart. That water is gonna feel good. Like some sort of cleansing away, I hope. Only 11 more days until that happens...



This song is busy soothing my soul right now...

1 comment:

Kira A. Heuer said...

Ahhh Kelly, what beautiful images and words. Your heart is grand and your journey will reflect your vibrant essence! The nets will appear yet when they do your wings will have reached full form and you might just say "thank you, but I think I got this flying thing down- and its pretty cool...I am going to go with it"....