Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Clarity and the flu too.



"There is clarity within me and all around me"

I heart this affirmation! It makes me feel peaceful when I say it, like all is well in my world. It reminds me that I don't have to search so hard for the answers. That's a reminder I need frequently. Today was tough for me because I woke up with the flu that my roommate is just starting to get over. But even with that I was excited to tackle a small area of clutter. I have WAY too much jewelry. A lot of which doesn't really suit me or my tastes anymore. I had a bunch of necklaces that I had thrown in a bag when I moved recently that were calling out to be dealt with. It was actually very meditative to sort thru and untangle them while reciting "I am clearing out all that I do not need in my life". I also donated about half of that bag, which made me feel lighter. Hopefully untangling those necklaces will help untangle me a bit too. It also felt good to let go of a ring I was given by a long ago boyfriend...I haven't worn it in ages or even thought about it at all, but yet it was still there just taking up space. I also picked out some clothing from my closet that didn't need to be there anymore. My closet is still too full but it's also a small closet. Cleaning it out a bit and being able to finally close the door all the way felt good. At least all my scrunched up clothing isn't staring at me anymore!

Well, I'm off to sip on some more Theraflu and then get my vote on!! Can't wait to hear what you all learned about the clutter that you keep...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this affirmation too.

And the image of untangling necklaces while reciting such a mantra.

Wishing you health!

Pen said...

de-cluttering with the flu! now that is dedication. good for you! hope you feel better soon!

Genie Sea said...

Oh! Your body is de-cluttering the viruses while you de-clutter your environment and hopefully the government! It is so inspiring that you had the energy to do all that when most of us would curl up into a ball and whine! Wee! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree. You are so right that it is a very calming affirmation. I have needed to hear it from my own lips. I too love untangling necklaces. It is so satisfying to take those tiny little knots and patiently work at them until almost magically they fall apart.


Feel better!

Anonymous said...

Maybe the de-cluttering will help release the illness from your body! ? I am amazed you are tackling the closet and not using the flu as an excuse to sit in front of the t.v. and watch election returns!

More power and healing to you!

PEACE

Serena Lewis said...

Sorry to hear you have the flu but it's great you are decluttering regardless. Maybe the decluttering will even help clear your flu.

I think it's a wonderful affirmation too.

Love, light and peace ~

Jamie Ridler said...

It's amazing how these little acts can become magic in our lives. Congratulations on letting go and making space.

I hope your flu clears away soon too.

Anonymous said...

Feel Better soon. Keep up the good decluttering work both physically and materially!

Miss Robyn said...

very odd that many of us are having cold, flu or allergy symptoms.. all connected to breathing...

untangling those necklaces sounds very therapeutical..& good for you for letting go of the ring.. letting go of the past - well done xo
(try Thyme & honey tea for your cold)

Katie said...

Good for you, I thought about you earlier and wondered what you would be de-cluttering since you just got rid of stuff in the move and my thought was "jewelry" hmmm. synchronicity??? So looks like its Obama mama!! Change is on the horizon my friend! (And of course my parents are sad and disappointed) Oh god, i am treating this like its myspace! I love you buddy! Get well soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Yay for you for getting some decluttering done.
Relax and be gentle with yourself.
Sending you virtual cups of lemon tea and hugs.