Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Things that get me going and some that don't...


Second Hand Goodness 2
Originally uploaded by Kim McCabe
Since I was out of town until yesterday, I felt really disconnected from the group. I felt out of sorts and like I've missed out on so much. This is sometimes the part when I give up on myself and my ability to jump right back in. I get discouraged and decide to stop trying. Then I read Denise's introduction to today- Day 10 and she says "Even when you are not DOING the program, you are still ON the program. That is, even if you miss a day or do not do everything "right", you are still on the program." Impeccable timing, Denise. That was just what I needed to hear. So here I am picking up my perfectionist pride and moving along...

"I am moving into harmony with everyone and everything in my universe."



So... energy zappers... this was interesting since I've naturally been looking out for these over the last month or so...here are some of mine:

-- Too much reality television. I feel like I'm losing brain cells when I watch that stuff...

-- Watching the news. I once heard someone say news is an acronym for "Negative Events Within Society".

-- Junk food. In moderation I'm okay with it but lately this has gotten a little out of control for me...damn leftover Halloween candy. I just feel icky after too much of it.

-- Magnification mirrors. Nuff said.

-- Fitting rooms. See above.

-- Staying inside all day.

Energy juicers, luckily, was an easier list to come up, it was exciting just thinking about them...some of mine are:

+ A delicious cup of tea in a vintage tea cup

+ Epsom salt baths followed by a shower

+ Art museums

+ Being around creative, inspiring people

+ Kundalini yoga

+ Talking with a friend over a cup of coffee

+ Reading poetry

+ Writing poetry

Hope your all doing well wherever you are in your journey. I hope to get a chance to catch up on your blogs tomorrow, I miss reading about your thoughts and seeing your beautiful photos each day.

3 comments:

Claudia said...

yes, those mirrors!

Jamie Ridler said...

How wonderful you're back. Yay, you for diving back in. And thanks Denise for saying just the right thing ;)

I've been meaning to get to a kundalini class for years! I've got a video that I do at home and love it. Thanks for inspiring me to put that back on my list.

(and what a beautiful teacup)

Genie Sea said...

This group is like a river, it keeps moving but you can jump in at any shore and feel refreshed! Welcome back :)