Friday, November 7, 2008

A Short Stay in Saginaw, Michigan

So I'm spending the weekend with my Mom in her new state of Michigan. There's not much to see here scenery wise, but the house she lives in is a restored Victorian home from 1877 and it is so beautiful!! I'll try to remember to get photos tomorrow...
My favorite thing about visiting my Mom is getting her to fix my favorite foods from growing up! Today, alone, I had two of them. Pickled okra and Cheddar Potato Pierogies. Nothing like comfort food to nurse me through the remains of the flu...
We also had a great time playing a french card game called Milles Borne that I haven't played in sooooo long. Now I'm off to bed to catch up with the reading for today and try get a head start on tomorrow. I wish I would have brought my own computer...would have been easier to stay in touch. But this weekend is about reconnecting with my Mom...so I'm going to focus on that. Hope your all doing well wherever you are in the journey and thanks for your support during my frustration from yesterday. I'm remembering to BE GENTLE this weekend. That is enough. And so am I.

3 comments:

Jamie Ridler said...

Considering that today was about getting some R&R it seems like you're right on track!

I love Milles Bourne! Wow, it's been a while since I've played that. Thanks for bringing back some memories!

Genie Sea said...

Oh, yummy perogies and time with Mom! I hope you have a fun, healthy, and meaningful weekend! Enjoy! :)

Lisa said...

I like that you have your priorities and stick to them with honor - the book is always there, but not your mom. Have a great trip.