Monday, November 3, 2008

I honor my commitments to myself and others.


our prayers
Originally uploaded by fubuki
I have decided that my commitment for the rest of the month will be prayer. Prayer is something that I think about doing but never end up actually doing. I want to pray for guidance, for help, for the best way to share my light with the world. Again I get stuck on the "how" of prayer rather than just doing it. But I hope that the more I pray over this month, the easier it will become. This also is a level 3 thing for me as it is something that I have been putting off as well. I thought a lot today about what I could choose and what I felt was doable and prayer seemed to speak to me. I also see it as a way to deepen my relationship with myself and my spirituality.

The values list was really thought provoking for me. Again it really seems to focus my intentions and take a look at what my life is currently saying versus what I want it to be saying. Bridging that gap, I suppose. Here's how my list ended up coming out:

1. Unconditional Love
2. Creativity
3. Connection to Soul Family
4. Adventure
5. Peace
6. Joy
7. Abundance
8. Integrity

I really want to work on unconditional love, to love people without conditions is the hardest thing and I'm realizing that it starts with me learning to love myself without any conditions. I'm pretty sure that's going to be a life long process but it's worth striving for...

There are still other things that I'm putting off, but I feel more confident in taking care of those things now than I have in awhile.

Can't wait to read about all your commitments and be inspired by all your bravery!! See you tomorrow!

15 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

ahhh prayer... I struggled with it too.. I had to do it right, pray to the right Goddess.. stressed about it all the time, until I realized that all I was doing was not praying... so I sat in silence. Eyes closed, just breathing.... knowing that God/Goddess/Universe (call it what you will) knew all along what I needed or wished for, all I had to do was be there in silence and sit...
blessings and light to you on your journey of prayer xo
(ps if you email me, I was sent a gorgeous prayer this morning and I would love to share.. my email address is on my profile)

Pen said...

what a serene commitment. and a wonderful list of values. i completely agree with what you say about needing to love yourself unconditionally first, in order to be able to love others without conditions. i think that is so true about many aspects of human nature: we are our own best teachers. loving your posts.

Caroline said...

Prayer is wonderful! I have another blog that is only prayers...stop by sometime ;) Also, I can post any prayer you might want to put out "there".

http://zenprayers.blogspot.com/

meghan said...

amazing list of values! I have been struggling to make my 'definitive' list all day. I love that your top priority is love - it says a lot about you!

Serena Lewis said...

Unconditional love is not always an easy thing to achieve but a beautiful attribute to have.

The power of prayer is an amazing thing....a wonderful commitment.

Blessings ~

Unknown said...

I love your committment to pray. It is such a beautiful connection to our soul. I made a prayer book myself that has the prayers that I love. Maybe you already have something like that.

Genie Sea said...

You list of values is inspiring. I love the candle image on this post. It represents the passion behind your words!

Anonymous said...

Your commitment to prayer is so heart warming! I toyed with that one, too before settling on my breath. Metta meditation is a wonderful way to incorporate unconditional love for others. I committed the month of August to practicing Metta everyday for the month and it was life altering. I wish you all the best with this!!
Peace~ Dawn

Kate I said...

Living unconditionaly of others is a huge challenge but such a great goal to be reaching for. If we ever get there, I know it will bring so much peace to our lives.

Jamie Ridler said...

Creating a daily spiritual practice is one of the things I've been thinking about. Thank you for keeping it present for me too. I hope prayer slips its way into your life easily and joyfully.

And I'm imagining the extraordinary, beautiful life you're going to create in resonance with those values!

Katie said...

Right on!!! Connect with your higher power lady!! You are not in this alone...prayer has changed my life, I wouldn't be here today without it. I think you will find it gets easier and it helps if you keep it simple!

Kara Chipoletti Jones of GriefAndCreativity dot com said...

Unconditional love. What a challenge and blessing. Practicing Reiki has helped me a lot. When stuff comes up (coz i'm so flawed as a human that stuff always comes up for me :)), I send out Reiki. To others if other people are involved and to my flawed self. It's been an interesting thing. In places where anger or self destruction would have played out, instead I'm sending Reiki. Sometimes things shift sooo much and so quickly.

Anyway, sending you lots of miracles and support and Reiki blessing for your prayer!
k-

Leah said...

i enjoyed reading your soul values and about your commitment to prayer!!

Anonymous said...

This is a great list.
I had trouble choosing just one commitment, so I wrote down everything I want to work on in my life - in a way they're all interconnected.
Prayer is a wonderful, empowering and relaxing habit to get into.
I'm sure it will become easier each day.
*hugs*

Suzie Ridler said...

Beautiful! A conversation with the divine can be life altering for sure. I love that one of your values is adventure. That really is inspiring.