Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mother Earth in all her glory.


The Source
Originally uploaded by Irishphotographer
I loved today's meditation about imagining ourselves as the Earth. With deep oceans, rugged mountains, lush forests...It made me feel very connected and expansive. It was a very empowering exercise for me. I wish I felt like being out in nature more these days but it's so cold that I really don't feel like it. I think that's why this was helpful for me because I really felt like I was in nature eventhough it was only in my imagination. I hope I remember to use this meditation thru the remainder of the winter here in Tennessee. This is my first winter in eight years, since I just moved here from Southern California. It is quite a difference and it's only November!! The locals tell me it's January that's the dead of winter here...

How did you all feel about today's meditation??

6 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

I loved the meditation too. I felt it so freeing and empowering. I think it would be perfect for you to continue the meditation through the winter there....you could visualise yourself at a lovely, warm beach if the cold gets you down.

Btw, a beautiful pic!

love, light and peace,
serena

Lisa said...

Yes I love nature meditations. And yes, I moved to VA from Northern CA 2 years ago - it's cold isn't it? But, no earthquake supplies, right?
Thank god for windows, at least you can still see the beauty out there!

Jamie Ridler said...

Wow, what a change of rhythm that move must be for you. I hope there's a gift in there for you.

Todays meditation really caused a shift in me. I always think of the shift from day to night and back again as the rhythm of the day. But when I imagined myself as the earth I realized that both the dark and the light are there all the time! I'm not sure what to do with that new information yet but it was an eye-opener!

Genie Sea said...

You will get used to it Kelly and find the joy in wintry nature too :)Gorgeous meditations :)

Suzie Ridler said...

Quite a shocking change isn't it? To go from gentle weather to falling into winter.

I am loving earth week and am so grateful for Denise's inspiration and our group. I meditated by bringing the outside in and can't wait to do more and more of that.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

On the other side of the world, it´s heat that keeps me indoors as much as possible these days. :)